In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described High and Low Bishopside like this:
BISHOPSIDE (High and Low), a township in Ripon parish, W. R. Yorkshire; on the river Nidd, 11 miles WSW of Ripon. It includes the town of Pateley-Bridge, and the hamlets of Fell-Beck, Raikes, Smelthouse, Waths, Whitehouses, and Wilsil. Acres, 5,813. Real property, £6,180. Pop., 2,052. Houses, 439.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing High and Low Bishopside has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harrogate. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering High and Low Bishopside and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of High and Low Bishopside, in Harrogate and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "High and Low Bishopside".