In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bishopstrow like this:
BISHOPSTROW, a parish in Warminster district, Wilts; on the Great Western railway, 1¾ mile SE of Warminster. Post Town, Warminster. Acres, 1,045. Real property, £2,054. Pop., 268. Houses, 52. The property is divided among a few. Bishopstrow House is the seat of the Temple family. Many Roman coins have been found. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £220.* Patron, Sir F. D. Astley, Bart. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bishopstrow has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Wiltshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bishopstrow and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bishopstrow in West Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd April 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bishopstrow".