In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Berwick Bassett like this:
BERWICK-BASSETT, a parish in Marlborough district, Wilts; 6 miles S by E of Wootton-Bassett r. station, and 6½ NW of Marlborough. Post Town, Winterbourne-Bassett, under Swindon. Acres, 1,388. Real property, £1,643. Pop., 171. Houses, 33. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united in 1866 with Winterbourne-Monkton, in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £300. Patron, the Bishop of S.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Berwick Bassett has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Berwick Bassett and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Berwick Bassett, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Berwick Bassett".