Place:


Bellerby  North Riding

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bellerby like this:

BELLERBY, a township-chapelry in Spennithorne parish, N. R. Yorkshire; 1½ mile N of Leyburn r. station. It has a post office under Bedale. Acres, 2,540. Real property, £3,038. Pop., 391. Houses, 90. Bellerby Park is the seat of J.Chaytor, Esq. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Ripon. Value, £78. Patron, J.Chaytor, Esq.

Bellerby through time

Bellerby is now part of Richmondshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Richmondshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Bellerby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bellerby, in Richmondshire and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11545

Date accessed: 19th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Bellerby ".