In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Beechingstoke like this:
BEECHING-STOKE, a parish in Devizes district, Wilts; on the river Avon, 2 miles S of the Kennet and Avon canal, and 6 ESE of Devizes r. station. It has a post office under Devizes. Acres, 880. Real property, £1,893. Pop., 180. Houses, 44. The property is divided among four. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £293.* Patron, G. W. Heneage, Esq. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Beechingstoke has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Beechingstoke and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Beechingstoke, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 08th February 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Beechingstoke".