In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baydon like this:
BAYDON, a parish in the district of Hungerford and county of Wilts; on the verge of the county, 3½ miles WSW of Lambourne, and 7 SSE of Shrivenham r. station. It has a post office under Hungerford. Acres, 3,060. Real property, £2,892. Pop., 380. Houses, 81. The property is subdivided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £110. Patron, the Rev. A. Meyrick. The church was repaired in 1860. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Baydon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Kennet. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Baydon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baydon, in Kennet and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Baydon".