In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Baverstock like this:
BAVERSTOCK, a parish in Wilton district, Wilts; on the river Nadder and on the Salisbury and Yeovil railway, near Dinton station, 4 miles W of Wilton. It includes the hamlet of Hurdcott; and its Post Town is Barford-St. Martin, under Salisbury. Acres, 1,168. Real property, with Barford-St. Martin, £5,984. Pop., 168. Houses, 34. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £296.* Patron, Exeter college, Oxford. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Baverstock has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Salisbury. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Baverstock and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Baverstock, in Salisbury and Wiltshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 03rd March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Baverstock".