In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Windrush like this:
WINDRUSH, a parish, with a village, in Northleach district, Gloucester; 4 miles W by N of Burford r. station. Post town, Burford, under Faringdon. Acres, 1,710. Real property, £2,037; of which £20 are in quarries. Pop., 290. Houses, 65. The manor belongs to Lord Sherborne. There is a Roman camp. The living is a vicarage, annexed to Sherborne. The church is old. Charities £20 and 10 acres for fuel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Windrush has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Windrush and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Windrush, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Windrush".