In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Weston on Avon like this:
WESTON-UPON-AVON, a parish in the district of Stratford-on-Avon, and counties of Gloucester and Warwick; on the river Avon, and on the Honeybourne and Stratford railway, around Milcote r. station, and 3½ miles SW by S of Stratford-on-Avon. Post town, Welford, under Stratford-on-Avon. Acres of the Gloucester portion, which is Weston tything, 1,060; of the Warwick portion, which is Milcote lordship, 480. Real property, £1,376 and £1,122. Pop, 80 and 57. Houses, 19 and 9. The manor belongs to Countess Delawarr. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £84. Patron, Countess Delawarr. The church is good. There is an endowed school with £11 a year.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Weston on Avon has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Stratford on Avon. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Weston on Avon and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Weston on Avon, in Stratford on Avon and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Weston on Avon".