In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Panteg like this:
PANTEAGUE, a village and a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth. The village stands ¾ of a mile E of the river Avon-Llwyd, 1 S E of Pontypool r. station, and 2¼ S E of Pontypool; is a seat of petty sessions; and has a post-office under Pontypool. The parish contains also the villages of Pontymoel, Sebastopol, Cwmynysgoy, Penyrheol, and Upper-Race. ...
Acres, 3, 458. Real property, £10, 214; of which £1,000 are in mines. Pop.in 1851, 2, 349; in 1861, 2, 828. Houses, 555. The property is subdivided. There are extensive iron-works. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £343.* Patron,H. Leigh, Esq. The church is good:and there are three school-chapels, an Independent chapel, two national schools, and a mechanics' library and reading-room.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Panteg, in Torfaen and Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st May 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Panteg ".