Place:


Aswarby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aswarby like this:

ASWARBY, a parish and a subdistrict in the district of Sleaford, Lincoln. The parish lies in the Fens, 5 miles S of Sleaford r. station. Post Town, Osbournby under Folkingham. Acres, 1,548. Real property, £2,213. Pop., 128. Houses, 18. The manor belonged formerly to the Harveys; and belongs now to Sir T. ...


Whichcote, Bart., whose seat is Aswarby House. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £285.* Patron, Sir T. Whichcote. The church is a good edifice of lofty nave, aisle, and chancel, with fine tower and spire. Charities, £5. Bass, the discoverer of Bass's Straits, was a native.-The subdistrict comprises ten parishes. Acres, 17,740. Pop., 3,059. Houses, 621.

Aswarby through time

Aswarby is now part of North Kesteven district. Click here for graphs and data of how North Kesteven has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aswarby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aswarby, in North Kesteven and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11419

Date accessed: 17th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aswarby ".