In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ashby Puerorum like this:
ASHBY-PUERORUM, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 4½ miles ENE of Horncastle r. station. It includes the hamlet of Stainsby and the tract of Holbeck, which is in some respects extra-parochial; and its Post Town is Hagworthingham under Spilsby. Acres, 1,620. Real property, £2,229. Pop., 149. Houses, 30. The property is divided among a few. An estate was bequeathed to the Lincoln chorister boys; and this is alluded to in the distinctive name Puerorum. A Roman sarcophagus or stone chest, containing a strong, well-made, glass urn, was found, in 1804, near the church. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £118. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Lincoln. The church is a small antique structure, with a massive tower; and is in very good condition.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ashby Puerorum has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ashby Puerorum and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ashby Puerorum, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ashby Puerorum".