In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Asgarby like this:
ASGARBY, a parish in Horncastle district, Lincoln; on the Wolds, 4 miles ESE of Horncastle r. station. Post Town, Hagworthingham under Spilsby. Acres, 838. Real property, £1,361. Pop., 80. Houses, 17 The property is divided among a few, Eight acres are an allotment in the West Fen. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln. Value, £50.* Patron, the Bishop of Lincoln. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Asgarby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Asgarby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Asgarby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Asgarby".