In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aisthorpe like this:
AISTHORPE, or East Thorpe, a parish in the district and county of Lincoln; on the Wolds, near Ermine street, 4 miles NE of Saxelby r. station, and 6½ NNW of Lincoln. Post Town, Saxelby under Lincoln. Acres, 803. Real property, £1,214. Pop., 100. Houses, 18. The property, and that of West Thorpe, are divided among four proprietors. The living is a rectory, united to the vicarage of West Thorpe, in the diocese of Lincoln Value, £289. Patron, J. Milnes, Esq. The church is tolerable.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aisthorpe has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of West Lindsey. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aisthorpe and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aisthorpe, in West Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 27th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aisthorpe".