Place:


Aby  Lincolnshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aby like this:

ABY, a parish in Louth district, Lincoln; 1 mile W of Claythorpe r. station, and 3 NW of Alford. Post town, Alford. Acres, 1,440. Real property, £2,018. Pop., 407. Houses, 87. The hamlet of Greenfield is included. The living is a vicarage, united to the rectory of Bellean, in the diocese of Lincoln. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and remains of a Cistertian nunnery founded about the year 1150.

Aby through time

Aby is now part of East Lindsey district. Click here for graphs and data of how East Lindsey has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Aby itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aby, in East Lindsey and Lincolnshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11388

Date accessed: 15th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Aby ".