In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Withcote like this:
WITHCOTE, a parish in Billesdon district, Leicester; 4½ miles SW of Oakham r. station. Post town, Oakham. Acres, 777. Real property, £1,168. Pop., 45. Houses, 5. The manor, with W. Hall, belongs to F. Palmer, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £133. Patron, F. Palmer, Esq. The church is of the 15th century.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Withcote has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Withcote and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Withcote, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Withcote".