In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Staunton Harold like this:
STAUNTON-HARROLD, a township in Breedon-on-the-Hill parish, Leicester; 3½ miles NN E of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. Acres, 182. Real property, £2,695. Pop., 352. Houses, 68. The manor, with S.-H. Hall, belongs to Earl Ferrers. There are a church, a school, a monastery, pottery-works, lime-kilns, and a colliery.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Staunton Harold has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North West Leicestershire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Staunton Harold and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Staunton Harold in North West Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 12th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Staunton Harold".