In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Siddington like this:
SIDDINGTON, a parish, with a village, in Cirencester district, Gloucester; on the river Churn, 1¾ mile SSE of Cirencester r. station. It has a post-office under Cirencester. Acres, 1,950. Real property, £2,777. Pop., 474. Houses, 110. The manor belongs to Earl Bathurst. Some malting is carried on. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £440.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was partly restored, partly rebuilt, in 1865. There are an Independent chapel, a national school, and charities £8. Bishop Bull was rector.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Siddington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Siddington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Siddington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th June 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Siddington".