In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Sapcote like this:
SAPCOTE, a parish, with a village, in Hinckley district, Leicester; adjacent to the river Soar, the Fosseway, and the Hinckley and Leicester railway, 2 miles W N W of Broughton-Astley r. station, and 4 E by S of Hinckley. Post-town, Hinckley. Acres, 1, 380. Real property, £4, 158. Pop., 668. Houses, 159. The property is subdivided. Frame-work knitting is carried on; stone is quarried; and there is a mineral spring, with a bath-house. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £625.* Patron, T. Frewen, Esq. The church is old, was recently repaired, and has a tower and spire. There are a Wesleyan chapel, an endowed school, and five alms-houses.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Sapcote has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Blaby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Sapcote and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Sapcote, in Blaby and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Sapcote".