In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Neyland like this:
MILFORD (NEW), or NEYLAND, a seaport-village in Llanstadwell parish, Pembrokeshire; on a creek of Milford Haven, at the terminus of the Neyland extension of the South Wales railway, opposite Paterchurch and Hobbs Point, 3¼ miles N W of Pembroke. It is mainly of recent growth; it took the name of New Milford, in lieu of the old name of Neyland, in rivalry of Milford, sitnated 4½ miles to the WN W; and it has a post office‡ of the name of Neyland, under Pembroke, a railway station with telegraph, of the name of New Milford, a railway pier, bringing down the railway to the water's edge, and a good hotel. The steamers to Waterford started formerly from Hobbs Point, and start now from New Milford railway pier. The appearance of the village is very fine.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Neyland has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Neyland and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Neyland in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 09th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Neyland".