In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ratcliffe Culey like this:
RATCLIFFE-CULEY, a chapelry in Sheepy-Magna parish, Leicester; on the river Sence, adjacent to the river Anker, at the boundary with Warwickshire, 1½mile N E of Atherstone r. station. Post-town, Ather-stone. Acres, about 1,000. Real property, £2, 540. Pop., 208. Houses, 52. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the rectory of Sheepy-Magna, in the diocese of Peterborough. The church is old, and has a tower and spire.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ratcliffe Culey has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Hinckley and Bosworth. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ratcliffe Culey and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ratcliffe Culey, in Hinckley and Bosworth and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ratcliffe Culey".