In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Atwick like this:
ATWICK, a hamlet and a parish in Skirlangh district, E. R. Yorkshire. The hamlet stands on the coast, 2 miles N of Hornsea r. station, and 13 NE of Beverley; and has a post office under Hull. The parish includes also the hamlets of Arran and Skirlington. Acres, 2,350; of which 165 are water. Real property, £3,186. Pop., 319. Houses, 69. The property is much sub-divided. The land is undergoing encroachment by sea. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of York. Value, £149.* Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is good. There is a Wesleyan chapel. Fenwick's charity, for educating and apprenticing boys, has an income of £46, and other charities £13.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Atwick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Atwick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Atwick, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th November 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Atwick".