Place:


Peatling Parva  Leicestershire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Peatling Parva like this:

PEATLING-PARVA, a parish, with a village, in Lutterworth district, Leicester; 3 ¾ miles E S E of Broughton-Astley r. station, and 4½ N E of Lutterworth. It has a post-office under Lutterworth. Acres, 870. Real property, £2,073. Pop., 168. Houses, 39. The manor belongs to T. F. Cook, Esq. P. Hall is the seat of J. S. Clark, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £158. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is a neat edifice, with an embattled tower. Charities, £30.

Peatling Parva through time

Peatling Parva is now part of Harborough district. Click here for graphs and data of how Harborough has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Peatling Parva itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Peatling Parva, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11212

Date accessed: 27th June 2017


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Peatling Parva ".