In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Appleton Roebuck like this:
APPLETON-ROEBUCK, a township and a subdistrict in the district of Tadcaster, W. R. Yorkshire. The township is in the parish of Bolton-Percy, near Appleton-Nun, 1½ mile SE of Bolton-Percy r. station; and has a post office under Tadcaster, a church built in 1869, and a Wesleyan chapel. Acres, 2,780. Pop., 622. Houses, 141.-The subdistrict comprises the townships of Bolton-Percy parish and another township. Acres, 8,671. Pop., 1,272. Houses, 263.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Appleton Roebuck has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Selby. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Appleton Roebuck and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Appleton Roebuck, in Selby and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 02nd August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Appleton Roebuck".