In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Anlaby like this:
ANLABY, a township in Kirk-Ella and Hessle parishes, E. R. Yorkshire; near Selby railway, 4 miles W of Hull. Acres, 2,020. Real property, £3,777. Pop, 493. Houses, 103. Anlaby House has been the seat of successively the Anlabys, the Legards, and the Vanses. There is a Wesleyan chapel.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Anlaby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Anlaby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Anlaby, in East Riding of Yorkshire and East Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th December 2016
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Anlaby".