In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Misterton like this:
MISTERTON, a parish in Lutterworth district, Leicester; on the river Swift, 1 mile E by S of Lutterworth, 3¼ ENE of Watling-street at the boundary with Warwick, and 4 WNW of Welford and Kilworth r. station. It contains the village of Walcote, and the hamlet of Poultney. the former of which has a post office under Lutterworth. Acres, 3,580. Real property, £7,584. Pop., 554. Houses, 137. The property is divided among a few. Misterton Hall is the seat of Col. T. Arthur. The parish is a meet for the Pytchley hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £870.* Patron, J. H. Franks, Esq. The church is very old, in tolerable condition: and has a tower and spire. There are a national school, and charities £32.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Misterton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Misterton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Misterton, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th October 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Misterton".