In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Aislaby like this:
AISLABY, a chapelry in Whitby parish, N. R. Yorkshire; on the Esk river and the Whitby railway, at Sleights station, 3 miles SW of Whitby. Post Town, Sleights under Whitby. Acres, 1,068. Real property, £1,568. Pop., 330. Houses, 76. A building limestone is quarried here, and was the material of Whitby Abbey and of several great modern works. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £87. Patron, J Boulby, Esq. Charities, £11.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Aislaby has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Scarborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Aislaby and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Aislaby, in Scarborough and North Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 10th March 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Aislaby".