In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Airmyn like this:
ARMIN, a chapelry in Snaith parish, W. R. Yorkshire; at the confluence of the Aire and the Ouse, 1½ mile NW of Goole r. station. It has a post office under Howden. Acres, 3,660. Real property, £5,780. Pop., 557. Houses, 117. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of York. Value, £74.* Patrons,Heber Percy, Esq., and G. L. Yarburgh, Esq. The church had a chantry.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Airmyn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of East Riding of Yorkshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Airmyn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Airmyn, in East Riding of Yorkshire and West Riding | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Airmyn".