In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ozleworth like this:
OZLEWORTH, a parish in Tetbury district, Gloucester; among the Cotswolds, 2½ miles E of Wotton-under-Edge, and 5 E N E of Charfield r. station. Post-town, Wotton-under-Edge. Acres, 1, 1 14. Real property, £1, 627. Pop., 130. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The manor, with Newark Park, belongs to the Rev. L. B. Clutterbuck. The mansion of Newark Park belonged once to a monastery; was restored, in the time of Edward VI., with stones from Kingswood abbey; and stands on an eminence, commanding extensive views. Ozleworth Park is the seat of J. Rolt, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £130.* Patron, the Rev. L. B. Clutterbuck. The church is Norman, ingood condition; is bisected by a beautiful Norman arch; and consists of nave and chancel, with central octagonaltower.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ozleworth has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ozleworth and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ozleworth, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ozleworth".