In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Ludchurch like this:
LUDCHURCH, a parish in Narberth district, Pembroke; 3¼ miles SE of Narberth, and 5 SW of Whitland r. station. Post town, Narberth. Acres, 1,607. Real property, £873. Pop., 264. Houses, 58. The property is much subdivided. Marble and limestone are quarried. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £94. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church was reported in 1859 as not good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Ludchurch has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Pembrokeshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Ludchurch and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Ludchurch in Pembrokeshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Ludchurch".