In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wilpshire like this:
WILPSHIRE, a township in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; 3½ miles N by E of Blackburn. Acres, 940. Real property, £1,046. Pop., 228. Houses, 48. Ribchester r. station is here.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wilpshire has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ribble Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wilpshire and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wilpshire, in Ribble Valley and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 11th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wilpshire".