Place:


Llanglydwen  Carmarthenshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llanglydwen like this:

LLANGLYDWEN, a parish in the district of Narberth, and county of Carmarthen; on the river Taf, at the boundary with Pembroke, 6 miles NNE of Narberth Road r. station, and 9 NNE of Narberth. Post town, St. Clears. Acres, 1,834. Real property, £933. Pop., 286. Houses, 68. Dôlwylim is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St. David's. Value, £96. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is dedicated to St. Cledwin, and is good.

Llanglydwen through time

Llanglydwen is now part of Carmarthenshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Carmarthenshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llanglydwen itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llanglydwen in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/11007

Date accessed: 16th November 2018


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llanglydwen ".