In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Cyffic like this:
CYFFIC, Kyffig, or Kiffick, a parish in the district of Narberth and county of Carmarthen; adjacent to the boundary with Pembroke, 4 miles S of Whitland r. station, and 5 SW by W of St. Clears. Post town, Whitland, under Narberth. Acres, 4, 556. Real property, £1, 950. Pop., 468. Houses, 93. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St. Davids. Value, £86.* Patron, the Vicar of Laugharne. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Cyffic has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Carmarthenshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Cyffic and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Cyffic in Carmarthenshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 13th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Cyffic".