In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Coalville like this:
COALVILLE, a chapelry in Ibstock, Whitwick, and Packington parishes, Leicester; on the Burton and Leicester railway, 4¾ miles ESE of Ashby-de-la-Zouch. It has a post office‡ under Leicester and a r. station. Pop., 1, 540. Houses, 303. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £134.* Patron, the Rev. T. W. Minton. The church is good; and there are four dissenting chapels, and two public schools.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Coalville has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of North West Leicestershire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Coalville and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Coalville in North West Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 23rd November 2014
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Coalville".