In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Trostre like this:
TROSTREY, a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth; 2¾ miles NNW of Usk r. station. Post town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres, 1,255. Real property, £1,684. Pop., 190. Houses, 39. T. Hall is the seat of Sir S. Fludyer, Bart. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £72. Patron, Sir S. Fludyer, Bart. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Trostre has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Trostre and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Trostre in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th July 2015
You have reached this page because, for example, "Trostrey" was one of the names of this administrative unit which we associate with Trostre.
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "TROSTREY".