In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangeview like this:
LLANGEVIEW, a parish in Pontypool district, Monmouth; on an affluent of the river Usk, adjacent to the Monmouth and Pontypool railway, 1½ mile E of Usk r. station. Post town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouth. Acres 1,454. Real property, £1,720. Pop., 159. Houses, 40. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £81. Patron, the Rev. J. Blower. The church is dedicated to St. David, and is good. The parish has an interest in the charities of Roger Edwards at Usk.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llangeview has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llangeview and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangeview in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 04th March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llangeview".