In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Rockfield like this:
ROCKFIELD, a parish, with a village, in the district and county of Monmouth; on the river Monnow, 2¾ miles N W of Monmouth r. station. It has a post-office under Monmouth. Acres, 1, 993. Real property, £2, 429. Pop., 270. Houses, 56. The property is much sub-divided. R. House is a chief residence. The parish is a meet for the Monmouthshire hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, not reported. Patron, Sir J. D. Harding. The church is good.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Rockfield in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th March 2017
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Rockfield ".