In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pen Y Clawdd like this:
PENYCLAWDD, a parish in the district and county of Monmouth; 1½ mile S W of Dingestow r. station, and 4¾ S W of Monmouth. Post-town, Raglan, under New-port, Monmouth. Acres, 614. Real property, £385. Pop., 53. Houses, 11. The property is subdivided. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the p. curacy of Llangoven, in the diocese of Llandaff. The church is ancient but good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pen Y Clawdd has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pen Y Clawdd and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pen Y Clawdd in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st March 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pen Y Clawdd".