In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Grimston like this:
GRIMSTON, a parish in Melton Mowbray district, Leicester; on the Wolds, 4 miles N of Kirby r. station, and 5 WNW of Melton Mowbray. Post town, MeltonMowbray. Acres, 920. Real property, £1, 726. Pop., 190. house, 39. The manor, with most of the land, belongs to the Earl of Aylesford. The living is a vicarage, under the vicarage of Rothley, in the diocese of Peterboringh. Value, £43. Patron, the Vicar of Rothley. The church is old; has an embattled tower; and was recently in disrepair. Charities, £13.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Grimston has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Melton. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Grimston and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Grimston, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 29th January 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Grimston".