In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Wolves Newton like this:
NEWTON-WOLVES, a parish, with a village, in Chepstow district, Monmouth; 3½ miles S E of Llandenny r. station, and 6½ N W of Chepstow. Post-town, Usk, under Newport, Monmouthshire. Acres, 2, 649. Real property, £1, 856. Pop., 193. Houses, 41. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £237.* Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Wolves Newton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Wolves Newton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Wolves Newton in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 22nd May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Wolves Newton".