In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described St Brides Netherwent like this:
BRIDES-NETHERWENT (St.), a parish in Chepstow and Newport districts, Monmouth; on the Julian way, 2 miles N by E of Magor r. station, and 6 ½ E by S of Caerleon. It includes the hamlet of Llandevenny; and its Post Town is Magor, under Chepstow. Acres, 1,032. Real property, £1,399. Pop., 171. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £178. Patron, T. Perry, Esq. The church is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing St Brides Netherwent has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering St Brides Netherwent and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of St Brides Netherwent in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 01st February 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "St Brides Netherwent".