Place:


Llangatwg Dyffryn Wysg  Monmouthshire

 

In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llangatwg Dyffryn Wysg like this:

LLANGATTOCK-NIGH-USK, a parish in Abergavenny district, Monmouth; on the river Usk, and on the Hereford, Abergavenny, and Newport railway, 3 ½ miles SSE of Abergavenny. Post town, Abergavenny. Acres, 1,613. Real property, £2,229. Pop. in 1851, 178; in 1861,252. Houses, 44. The property is subdivided. Llangattock House is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £274. * Patron, the Earl of Abergavenny. The church is a primitive structure, in tolerable condition; and contains monuments of the Evanses. Charities, £4.

Llangatwg Dyffryn Wysg through time

Llangatwg Dyffryn Wysg is now part of Monmouthshire district. Click here for graphs and data of how Monmouthshire has changed over two centuries. For statistics about Llangatwg Dyffryn Wysg itself, go to Units and Statistics.

How to reference this page:

GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llangatwg Dyffryn Wysg in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.

URL: http://www.visionofbritain.org.uk/place/10795

Date accessed: 20th August 2019


Not where you were looking for?

Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time , and maybe some references to other places called " Llangatwg Dyffryn Wysg ".