In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Bryngwyn like this:
BRYNGWYN, a parish in Abergavenny district, Monmouth; 2½ miles WNW of Raglan r. station, and 7 SE by E of Abergavenny. Post Town, Raglan, under Newport-Monmouth. Acres, 1,484. Real property, £2,131. Pop., 313. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. Bryngwyn House is the seat of Archdeacon Crawley. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £200.* Patron, the Earl of Abergavenny. The church is good. Charities, £10.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Bryngwyn has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Monmouthshire. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Bryngwyn and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Bryngwyn in Monmouthshire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 30th August 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Bryngwyn".