In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Llan Ishen like this:
LLANISHEN, a parish in Cardiff district, Glamorgan; near the river Taff and the Taff Vale railway, 4 miles N by W of Cardiff. Post town, Cardiff. Acres, 2,915. Real property, £2,484. Pop., 449. Houses, 81. Llanishen House belonged to the Vaughans, passed to the Lewises, and is now a ruin. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Llandaff. Value, £46. Patrons, alternately Baroness Windsor andK. K. Tynte, Esq. The church is dedicated to St. Isan. There are an endowed school and other charities, with aggregately £33.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Llan Ishen has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cardiff. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Llan Ishen and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Llan Ishen, in Cardiff and Glamorgan | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 06th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Llan Ishen".