In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Pendleton like this:
PENDLETON, a township in Whalley parish, Lancashire; under Pendle hill, 2½ miles S S E of Clitheroe r.station. Acres, 2, 800. Real property, £4, 585. Pop.in 1851, 1, 308; in 1861, 1, 446. Houses, 298. The bulk of the population is at Sabden-Bridge. Standen Hallis the seat of J. T. W. Aspinall, Esq. There are a chapel of ease, an Independent chapel, and a national school.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Pendleton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Ribble Valley. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Pendleton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Pendleton, in Ribble Valley and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 25th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Pendleton".