In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Croxton Kerrial like this:
CROXTON-KEYRIAL, a parish in the district of Grantham and county of Leicester; at the head of the river Devon, adjacent to Lincolnshire, 7 miles W of Great Ponton r. station, and 7 SW of Grantham. It has a post office, of the name of Croxton, under Grantham. Acres, 3, 900. Real property, £5, 737. Pop., 594. Houses, 124. Croxton Park was formerly the Duke of Rutland's hunting-seat; and it has long been noted for races, held about the end of March; but the mansion on it, built in 1730, was lately taken down. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £265.* Patron, the Duke of Rutland. The church is later English; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porch and square-embattled tower; and is in good condition. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £69.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Croxton Kerrial has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Melton. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Croxton Kerrial and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Croxton Kerrial, in Melton and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 18th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Croxton Kerrial".