In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described South Croxton like this:
CROXTON (South), a parish in Barrow-upon-Soar district, Leicester; on an affluent of the river Wreak, 4 miles SSE of Brooksby r. station, and 7 SW of Melton-Mowbray. It has a post office, of the name of Croxton, under Leicester. Acres, 1, 760. Real property, £2, 535. Pop., 311. Houses, 68. The property is subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Peterborough. Value, £130.* Patron, the Duke of Rutland. The church is old but good; and comprises nave, aisles, chancel, and steeple. Charities, £32 and four cottages.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing South Croxton has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Charnwood. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering South Croxton and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of South Croxton, in Charnwood and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 28th February 2015
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "South Croxton".