In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Carlton Curlieu like this:
CARLTON-CURLIEW, a village and a parish in Billesdon district, Leicester. The village stands on an affluent of the river Welland, 2 miles NE of Kibworth r. station, and 7½ NNW of Market-Harborough. The parish includes also the township of Ilston-on-the-Hill: and its Post Town is Great Glen, under Leicester. Acres, 2,970. Real property, £4,838. Pop., 308. Houses, 61. The property is divided among a few. CarltonCurliew Hall, a Tudor edifice, is the seat of Capt. F. Sutton. The living is a rectory in the diocese of peterborough. Value, £242. Patron, Sir J. H. Palmer, Bart. The church is good; and has some old monuments.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Carlton Curlieu has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Harborough. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Carlton Curlieu and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Carlton Curlieu, in Harborough and Leicestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 19th June 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Carlton Curlieu".