In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Farmington like this:
FARMINGTON, a parish in Northleach district, Gloucester; near the Fosse way, 1¼ mile NE of Northleach, and 4¼ SW by S of Bourton-on-the-Water r. station. Post town, Northleach, under Cheltenham. Acres, 2, 470. Real property, £2, 341. Pop., 284. Houses, 59. The property is all in one estate. Farmington Lodge is the seat of H. E. Waller, Es . The living is a rectory in the diocese of Gloucester and Bristol. Value, £121.* Patron, H. E. Waller, Esq. The church is partly Norman, partly early English, and partly of later dates; consists of nave, chancel, aisle, and porch, with a tower; and is good.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Farmington has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of Cotswold. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Farmington and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Farmington, in Cotswold and Gloucestershire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 07th December 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Farmington".