In 1870-72, John Marius Wilson's Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales described Lowick like this:
LOWICK, a township-chapelry in Ulverstone parish, Lancashire; on the river Crake, 5 miles N of Ulverstone r. station. Post town, Newton-in-Cartmel. Acres, 1,900. Real property, £2,382. Pop., 468. Houses, 86. The property is much subdivided. The manor belongs to the Gaskarth family. Lowick Bridge, ¾ of a mile N of the church, commands a fine view of Coniston-water and Coniston-fells. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Carlisle. Valne, £10 4. Patrons, Mrs. Gaskarth and sisters. The church is a small edifice, covered, over both walls and roof with blue slate. Charities, £6.
A Vision of Britain through Time includes a large library of local statistics for administrative units. For the best overall sense of how the area containing Lowick has changed, please see our redistricted information for the modern district of South Lakeland. More detailed statistical data are available under Units and statistics, which includes both administrative units covering Lowick and units named after it.
GB Historical GIS / University of Portsmouth, History of Lowick, in South Lakeland and Lancashire | Map and description, A Vision of Britain through Time.
Date accessed: 26th May 2013
Click here for more detailed advice on finding places within A Vision of Britain through Time, and maybe some references to other places called "Lowick".